If you didn't get the memo, on Feb. 11, The Best Man Holiday which tells the story about a tight-knit group of college friends reuniting for the first time in 14 years for an unforgettable celebration in The Best ManHoliday is now on a Blu-ray™ Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™ released February 11, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
From the publicist, we are encouarged to:
"Share the laughter, love and surprises as Harper (Taye Diggs), Lance (Morris Chestnut), Quentin (Terrence Howard), Jordan (Nia Long), Robyn (Sanaa Lathan), Mia (Monica Calhoun), Murch (Harold Perrineau), Candy (Regina Hall) and Shelby (Melissa De Sousa) all reunite for the first time in years.
"As they share their triumphs and tragedies, these college friends soon discover how easy it is to reignite long-forgotten rivalries and romances—all while new discoveries are made and secrets are revealed. The Best Man Holiday is the comedy that critics are calling “a feel-good celebration” (James Verniere, Boston Herald)."
The sequel to 1999’s favorite ensemble comedy The Best Man finds all nine friends together again for a reunion packed with laughter, love, and surprises. The Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive bonus features that include an alternate ending and deleted & extended scenes.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- DIGITAL HD with Ultraviolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted and Extended Scenes with Commentary by Writer/Director/Producer Malcolm D. Lee
- Smack Talk: Filming The Girl Fight Scene—Step into the ring to learn how the big fight scene was filmed. Hear from stars Regina Hall and Melissa De Sousa and writer/director/producer Malcolm D. Lee.
- Gag Reel
- Holiday Reunion: The Making of The Best Man Holiday—Join the cast and crew of the of The Best Man Holiday to find out how the characters, and the actors who play them, have evolved in the 14 years since the first film and what it’s like for them to be working together again, as well as how “new kid on the block” Eddie Cibrian fits in, and what writer and director Malcolm D. Lee brings to the franchise.
- Feature Commentary By Writer/Director/Producer Malcolm D. Lee
Bean Soup Times received another important video from the Arthur M. Brazier Foundation that we felt was important enough to share. This historical video not only highlights one man's commitment to the community, but it also amplifies how far we've come and how far we have yet to travel on the road towards freedom, justice and equality.
After you read the words, below this picture, from the current Chief Operating Officer of the Arthur M. Frazier Foundation we encourage you to watch the video to learn more about the late Bishop Arthur M. Brazier."
"For every man, there is a necessity to establish as securely as possible the lines along which he proposes to live his life. For Bishop Arthur M. Brazier those lines were self-determination of and respect for individuals demonstrated through a life of service for their betterment, both inside and outside the church.
"Bishop exhibited the consistent courage to make the unpopular decisions: working with the University of Chicago in their Woodlawn expansion to ensure current residents were treated with respect; repurposing 63rd St bringing down the L; challenging the school system to redefine the narrative on the education of the African-American child across Chicago; reframing what adequate housing meant for people of color across Chicago and focusing Woodlawn on creating solutions to its problems rather than waiting on someone else to solve them.
"He believed neighborhoods reach economical, educational, financial, moral and spiritual freedom when the wholeness of living in community becomes a way of life. He was a visionary, community developer and civil rights organizer who used his influence to convene power and bring them to a common understanding of the needs of the Southside communities. We at the Arthur M. Brazier Foundation are honored to continue that focus on community self-determination."
I. David Byrd
COO, Arthur M. Brazier Foundation