CHICAGO–The Illinoisans for Growth and Opportunity released a commercial highlighting State Representative Ken Dunkin’s (D-5) fight for children in the Chicago area.
Rep. Dunkin, first elected to the chamber in 2002, made headlines last Fall for publicly stating “I do not work for Mike Madigan,” when the long time leader of the Democratic state legislators called him to task.
As State Representative, Ken Dunkin (D-5) restored childcare funding for $100,000 children and is fighting for tougher gun laws to protect children, says the brief commercial. (see below)
Illinoisans for Growth and Opportunity (IllinoisGO) is as a 501 (c)(4) organization that conducts education, issue advocacy and public policy analysis to identify and promote effective solutions to some of the most challenging issues confronting Illinois residents and taxpayers.
Author Toure Muhammad is the head bean, publisher and chief strategist of Bean Soup Times. The Morehouse graduate has written front page cover stories for The Final Call and N’digo. He has been featured in the Chicago Reader, Upscale magazine, rolling out newspaper, and N’Digo magapaper. He’s been featured on Tavis Smiley’s radio show on NPR, on Chicago’s WBEZ (Chicago public radio), and many other radio shows.
- April 28, 2016 Institute Helps Blacks go From Hustlers to Enterprisers
- April 27, 2016 BE BLACK TV Presents The Self Employment Expo with Darlene Tate
- April 26, 2016 BE BLACK TV features Fashion Designer and Seamstress Jackie Brown
August 18, 2014 By Victoria Joshua
- April 26, 2016 The Fight to Save Chicago State University Continues
- April 21, 2016 Harriet Tubman Twenty Won’t Be First Time Black Has Been on American Money
- April 11, 2016 Black Legislators Take the Lead on Lead
- April 11, 2016 State Senator Van Pelt Fights for Reform in Juvenile Justice System
- March 28, 2016 Criminal Justice Reform Snagged in Campaign Politics